Our motto is, “Family on a Mission, Mission to the Family”. We are very happy for your visit. If you have stopped by because you are looking for information, strategies and/or support to move your family forward, you have come to the right place. Families are very important to us and well worth all of our efforts to support them.
We provide no easy answers, no formulas, no “quick fix-it” schemes, and no “hurry up” solutions. The reason we do not provide these “quick-solutions” is because moving families forward takes hard focused work over time. The focus of the work we do together includes:
- gaining a deeper understanding of who you are and how you think
- developing a deeper understanding of relationships and the temperaments of each individual in your family
- how to more effectively solve problems
- We work toward lasting change, not temporary solutions.
Families Forward requires you to be present; you have to actively involve yourself, your spouse, and your children in the process. Families Forward is not virtual family growth and development, it’s actual family growth and development.
Families Forward focuses on five major skill areas for growth:
- Successful families value relationships with each other. Relationships are the life-blood of effective families.
- Successful families have a picture in mind of what they want to accomplish together. Successful families have a mission, a vision, a purpose that they, TOGETHER, desire to accomplish.
- Successful families are adaptable. Life is simply not predictable – successful families learn how to adapt to changes in life circumstance.
- Successful families can learn to effectively solve problems.
- The goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. - 1 Timothy 1:5
What Makes Families Forward Different?
The job of parenting today’s adolescent can be a daunting task. Factors that make the job of parenting extremely difficult include:
- the influences of media
- the demands of education
- changes in family structure
- economic uncertainty
- lack of community support
The challenges of parenting become even more difficult if the adolescent begins to find themselves going “off track” or even worse, in trouble with the law. It is very difficult for a family to stop the “At-risk” spiral once it begins. Parents of “At-risk” teenagers look for support to assist them to getting their family “back on track” but the options available to them either have a limited impact in solving the core problems or the programs (residential) are financially out of reach. Families Forward offers solutions that address the core issues that face families and teens.
Raising a family is a difficult job even under the best of circumstances! Every day is different, every relational exchange has the potential to be embracing or explosive. When things do go relationally ‘south’ you might find yourself wondering what went wrong? Although your intentions were good, somehow things got to an unhealthy place and you are left without answers on how to get back to ‘ok’ with your spouse, child, friend or relative. Often families struggle with the same issues from one generation to the next and never find productive or healthy ways to solve problems. Relational dynamics can be exhausting. Families Forward Counseling Services is committed to helping you find answers to some of these difficult relational dynamics.
Meet our Pastoral Counselors
and Prayer Ministers
Faith Forward provides a safe and genuine atmosphere of healing, growth and maturity in Christ. Come visit us anytime to learn more about our ministries!
Individual & Couples 1 & 2 hours sessions available.
Family sessions 1 - 3 hours sessions available.
Family Intensive Sessions available: Saturday's 9:00am - 1:00 pm